It’s always a good time to add funds to your PSN account. Whether you want to play the latest game for free or your gamer friend’s birthday is fast approaching, free Playstation codes are the perfect choice.
Did you ever think what makes a true gamer? We think that someone who makes gaming their number one hobby. Our basic psychological needs can be significantly satisfied when we play games because they challenge our cognitive and psychomotor abilities.
And yes, real gamers love challenges. They enthusiastically go into the world of games such as Judgment, NHL 20, Devil May Cry 5, and others. Certainly, that’s a key reason the PSN is becoming more popular each day since its launching back in 2006.
About PlayStation network
As many probably already know PSN is a short for the PlayStation Network and it stands for a worldwide online gaming and media content distribution service. Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PSN brand and family of products and services. That includes PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, PlayStation Store, PlayStation Now and PlayStation Vue.
Aside from OUYA and Gamevice, The PlayStation’s greatest competitor is the Xbox Live network. With the Sony’s new generation games console – PS5 – Sony has doubled down on its lead in 2020. One of the things they also did was to include is the ability of streaming games to any Android or iOS device and not just to a few of Sony’s Xperia smartphones and tablets.
Know types of PSN codes
- PlayStation Network Voucher Codes – these codes contain twelve digits. If that’s not true, the code will not be accepted by the PS Store. They allow for purchasing downloadable games, game add-ons, TV shows, movies, and even PlayStation Plus subscriptions. It’s possible to get them for yourself or as a gift card for someone else.
- Discount Codes – these codes contain ten digits. They cannot be applied to video content, pre-orders, or subscription services such as to PS Now or PS Vue.
Why would you need free PlayStation codes?
As you can see from the previous section, much can be done with the PSN Voucher / Gift Card Codes. That’s not necessarily a case with the discount codes which is why we don’t bother to work with them here. Our focus is on PSN codes that can offer you a wide range of download content from the PS Store.
PSN Gift Cards let you download the latest games and add-ons, listen to music, watch movies, and more. Some of the Sony devices, including PS3, PS4 and PS5, support the audio streaming via Spotify (PSN Music).
On top of that, there is the PSN Video service offering online rentals and purchase of television programs and movies. If you thought that’s all, let’s take a look at what can you do with the PlayStation Plus subscription.
What is PlayStation Plus?
PlayStation Plus is a subscription service for PS3, PS4, and Vita owners. It upgrades your PSN account by having an access to exclusive gaming features and deals in the PlayStation Store.
In other words, PlayStation Plus takes gaming to the next level with PS4 online multiplayer. It also enables you to get a few free games every month, get full game tests, and receive discounts on digital game purchases.
How to get free PSN codes using our online service?
At this point, we are assuming that you are able to understand how the generator actually works. Thus, you can go ahead and click the button bellow. You will be have the generator page open up where you’ll first need to provide your PSN Online ID or email address. Then, choose whether you want to get PSN gift card or PSN Plus membership. From there, select the amount/length of your choice and let the generator connect and find an unused free PlayStation code.
After that, you’ll need to complete anti-spam verification, which is a short process of proving that you are human. Simply complete one of the offers from a given list. Keep in mind that these tasks are completely free and safe to use, only needed for the verification purposes.
You may be displayed different offers, which depends on your device or country you are in at the moment. As soon as you are done with the verification, your unique PlayStation code will be automatically displayed. Feel free to redeem it right away.
Redeeming your Free PSN codes
First thing you should understand is that there are different ways of redeeming your free PSN codes. As already mentioned, these 12-digit codes are redeemable for downloadable games and game add-on, subscription services such as PlayStation Plus, and to add wallet funds to your account.
Here, we have chosen to focus on the most common method of redeeming codes for your account on the PlayStation Network – through the PlayStation Store. Just follow the steps bellow:
- Open the PlayStation Store and scroll down the left-hand menu to select Redeem Codes.
- You should be able to see the open window for entering the code you got through the generator and then press the R2 button. Select the
- When redeeming a voucher that adds funds to your wallet, you’ll be prompted to confirm the amount that will be added. Otherwise, you’ll see the item or items that your code can be redeemed for. If you press Confirm and then Continue, you may be led to an option to download your new content.
- If not, you can go to the Library and select the game or application to see a Download For Add-on content select PlayStation Store followed by Your Add-Ons and select the arrow beside the item you wish to download. That’s also where you can confirm which add-on should be installed.
Note: For all different ways of redeeming the codes, check the How to Redeem Codes from Vouchers and PlayStation Network Cards page on the Sony official website.
Potential issues with redeeming the PSN codes
There could be a few different reasons why your code may not be acceptable. Take a look at some of them bellow:
- Verify correct code entry by trying it a second time to make sure you’ve entered the code correctly.
- All codes are single-use and thus you can redeem each code only one time.
- If a code for a game that was just released is not accepted, try entering the code again at a later time.
- Check for an expiration date on the voucher.
- If the PlayStation Store gift cards or PlayStation Plus subscription don’t work, it might be that the code needs activation or even the replacement.